A powerful energy flowed through the conference room in San Mateo, where approximately 100 change management professionals and 10 presenters gathered for the ACMP Northern California Chapter’s Change Symposium.
It was a fun and eventful day, filled with engaging presentations and delightful conversations. We even practiced change management by playing with Legos®! The Change Symposium explored several hot topics, trends, and tools for change management professionals, including:
- How to drive the adoption and usage of new technology and systems, deploying WalkMe’s Digital Adoption Platform;
- Creating beautiful, empathetic, customer-centered process maps, including a sneak-peak of Adobe’s new Journey Mapping Tool;
- Insightful research from Prosci on the intersection between Agile and Change Management;
- A panel discussion on the direction and emerging trends for change management consultants and practitioners; and
- A hands-on workshop using Lego Serious Play® to demonstrate an exciting way to lead change.
Events like this help change management practitioners like myself to better empathize, prepare for, and manage change. This was a perfect opportunity to practice what we preach in change management. As technology, enterprises, and markets continue to change, it is important for change management to evolve as well.