IT Requirements & Procurement
For more than 15 years, Highlands Consulting has helped our clients define their IT requirements at the right level, based on the project size and phase.
Our IT Planning Methodology (ITPM) begins with high-level business requirements during the IT Planning and Analysis phase. In preparation for procurement and implementation, we then collaborate with our clients to develop mid-level and detailed requirements that:
- Consider technical, functional, implementation, and transition needs
- Incorporate traceability for the eventual implementation
- Tie to the Statement of Work and high-level business needs
- Involve the right stakeholders every step of the way
Requirements Definition Expertise
For comprehensive requirements definition, we offer expertise in the following areas:
- Functional, Technical, and Performance Needs
- Agile / Iterative Methods
- Design Thinking
- Organizational Change Management
- Digital Service Tools
- Data Conversion Scope
- Interface Development Needs
- Training Methods and Tools
Procurement Support Services
Highlands Consulting has assisted many government clients with procurement of complex IT solutions. Specifically, we:
- Advise on the appropriate procurement strategy and plan
- Develop a solicitation document in accordance with client policies (e.g. the State of California’s Project Approval Lifecycle or PAL)
- Manage vendor questions, amendments, and communication
- Facilitate development of the evaluation plan, scoring method, and scoring sheets
- Independently consolidate evaluation detail and verify selection results
Highlands Consulting stays current on procurement best practices as promoted by the National Association of State Procurement Officers (NASPO), National Institute of Governmental Purchasing (NIGP), and National Association of Chief Information Officers (NASCIO). We enable approval by the California Department of Technology (CDT) for PAL Stage 3 – Procurement Analysis/Solution Development and Stage 4 – Project Readiness and Approval/Solution Analysis.
What Makes Us Different
While our ITPM provides best practices for requirements definition and procurement support, it is the teamwork between our consultants and clients that promotes selection of the most qualified contractor who will fully meet business and technical objectives.
California Office of System Integration, California Department of Social Services, California Student Aid Commission, CalPERS Health Benefits Branch, California Department of Pesticide Regulation.